Labels: , , , ,

Trailer: Warm Bodies & Exclusive first 4 minutes

I am a self-proclaimed fan of all things zombies and apocalyptic. I've devoured numerous episodes of The Walking Dead (pardon the imagery), eagerly bought premiere tickets to Resident Evil movies despite the bad reviews, sat through Zombieland and am eagerly awaiting all the zombie/apocalyptic films to be released in 2013. I am such a sucker for triumph of the human spirit against zombies. 

But I absolutely draw the line at "Warm Bodies."  



The basic synopsis is as such: R, a teenage zombie in a post-apocalyptic world, devours a guy's brains and subsequently falls in love with the guy's girlfriend, Julie. The two develop a special relationship and goes through supposedly funny and romantic events together subsequently. 

My verdict as of now? NAUSEATING. Think Twilight, minus the attractive vampires, plus disgusting rotting zombies. An absolute freaking NO. I feel nauseated watching the trailer. I don't care if he starts to think or act like a human; zombies are walking, rotting corpses which smell and eat living beings, or in this case, themselves. Can you ever kiss or hug a rotting human-like zombie? If it were me, I'd never be able to let go of the eternal fear of him biting me. See trailer below for a taste of Warm Bodies (sorry, couldn't resist another pun).


Warm Bodies Official Trailer

Don't take my word for it though. 

According to Wiki:
The Guardian called it, "Ruefully humorous, knowingly cinematic in scope." The Seattle Times said, "Absurd as its premise could be called, "Warm Bodies" works on lots of levels," and called it "Gruesome yet poetic."

Watch the first four minutes to judge for yourself. And while you're watching it, imagine hugging this particular lovable zombie to sleep at night. 

First 4 minutes of the film

Verdict as of now? 
GIVE ME BACK MY MINDLESS HUMAN-EATING ZOMBIES.

To be released 14 March 2013.

No comments:

Post a Comment